English The Easy Way
Everybody Can Learn English
Uncountable Nouns - are nouns that can not be counted.
- Sugar - I need to buy sugar.
- Gas - We need gas for the car.
- Tea - I want to drink tea.
- Water - We need to drink water.
- Soap - I like that soap.
- Money - We need to make money.
- Love - I love my mother.
- Ice - There is ice outside.
- Air - We need some clean air.
- Electricity - We have to fix the electricity.
- Luck - You have good luck.
How To "Count" Uncountable Nouns
- a bag of sugar - a bag is countable
- a litter of gas - a litter is countable
- a cup of tea - cup is countable
- a bottle of water - bottle is countable
- a bar of soap - bar is countable
- 100 dollars - dollars is countable
Note: A/An are not used with uncountable nouns