English The Easy Way
Everybody Can Learn English
English Idioms Starting With A
- A Dime A Dozen - something very common
- Cheap restaurants are a dime a dozen.
- A Gray Area - there are no clear rules
- I am not sure who owns the land. It is a gray area.
- A Lemon - something you buy that is defective
- My friend's car is a lemon. She always has to fix her car.
- A Life Saver - someone that helps someone in a very bad/hard situation
- You are a life-saver, for helping me today.
- A Pain In The Neck - something or someone that is annoying
- My friend is a pain in the neck, but I love her.
- A Piece Of Cake
- Do you think learning English is a piece of cake?
- A Toss Up
- It is a toss up between the chooclate cake and the lemon cake.
- Above & Beyond
- The girls worked above & beyond, helping the teacher.
- All Ears
- You can talk now. I am all ears.
- Act Out
- Our teacher told us not to act out.
- All For Nothing
- I did that work all for nothing.
- Ants In Your Pants
- The children has ants in their pants today. They can not sit still.
- An Arm And A Leg
- The new houses is going to cost an arm and a leg.
- At The Drop Of A Hat
- I can not met you at the drop of a hat. I need a few hour notice.