Pair Of - two things that are joined together
- Earphones - I have a new pair of earphones.
- Eye Glasses - I need to buy a pair of glasses for reading.
- Pants - I am going to wear a pair of black pants to the office.
- Scissors - Go ask your sister for a pair of scissors.
Pair Of - two things that are the same, and they are used together
- Socks - I can not find a pair of socks.
- Shoes - I am going to wear my new pair of shoes.
- Earrings - My husband gave me a pair of earrings for my birthday.
- Gloves - It is cold outside. You need to wear a pair of gloves.
Note: Does not use an indefinite article!!!