Noun + Noun - Compound Nouns
Using two nouns together many times can have a new meaning.
The first noun acts as an adjective.
The second noun acts as a noun.
- Chalkboard - The teacher wrote on the chalkboard.
- Sports Car - My brother wants a fancy sports car.
- Toothpaste - I brush my teeth with toothpaste.
- Firefighter - My sister is a firefighter.
- Office Chair - I bought a new office chair for the desk.
- Haircut - I am going to get a haircut soon.
- Bathroom - I really like your bathroom.