English The Easy Way
Everybody Can Learn English
Static Verbs - describes a state of being & can not be used in the continuous tense
- Know - I know how to fix the car.
- Wish - We wish we had a million dollars.
- Have - We have two cars.
- Belong To - Who does this coat belong to?
- See - I see my friends everyday.
- Hear - I hear my phone ringing.
- Love - We love to go to the beach.
- Hate - My student's hate to take exams.
Tip: Static Verbs - are usually used to state an emotion, possession, sense or thought