English The Easy Way
Everybody Can Learn English
English Idioms Splurge On
Splurge On - to spend a lot of money on something or someone
- I am going to splurge on holiday. I have been saving for a long time.
- We like to splurge on going out to eat once a month.
- I do not have the money to splurge on the dress. I have to buy something less expensive.
- The teacher sometimes splurges on her students, and buys them a treat.
- My parents when they retired decided to splurge on a really nice vacation.
- We do not have the money, but we really need a new car, so I think we should splurge on a new car.