Up - Over - Above
Up - to make someone or something higher then the original position
- The books are up in the closet.
- Is the elevator going up or down?
- I want to hike up the mountain.
Over - states that one thing is higher then someone or something else; something or someone is on top of the other
- Put your sweater over your shirt.
- Please put the blanket over the bed.
- I am going to hike over the mountain.
Above - states that one thing is higher then something or someone else
- I live on the 2nd floor, I live above the 1st floor.
- I can't reach the plates, because they are abovethe sink.
- I do not want to live above the 5th floor.
Note: Above and over can many times be used interchangeably