English The Easy Way
Everybody Can Learn English
English Idioms In The Hole
In The Hole - to owe money
- We are in the hole. We borrowed a lot of money to buy our car.
- My sister was sick, and now my parents are in the hole. They owe a lot of money.
- Are you in the hole? Do you need some money?
- People don't like you when you are in the hole. People like you when you have a lot of money.
- My boss is in the hole. He owes a lot of money.
- The government is always in the hole. The government always owes money.