Future Perfect Verb Tense Chart
What is the structure of the simple future perfect verb tense?
- The future perfect verb tense uses 3 kinds of verbs, 2 auxiliary verbs and 1 main verb.
- The auxiliary verb "will" always stays in the base form, and does not changes according to the subject.
- The auxiliary verb "have" always stays in the base form, and does not change form.
- The main verb uses the past participle/V3 form.
- Regular verbs (not irregular verbs) -ed is add to the end of the verb's base form.
- Irregular verbs use the past participle/V3.
- Negative Sentences - "not" is added between the auxiliary verb "Will" and the auxiliary verb "have".
- Questions - the order of the sentence is changed. The auxiliary verb "will" comes before, then the subject.
|Subject||Auxiliary Verb "Will"||Auxiliary Verb "have"||Main Verb||Continue The Sentence|
|will||have||V3 past participle||-|
- On Sunday I have to work late. When I get home, I will have eaten dinner.
- The test is in a week from tomorrow, I hope you will have prepared for it.
- I will have taken all of my exams a week from today.
|Subject||Auxiliary Verb"Will"||Not||Auxiliary Verb "Have"||Main Verb||Continue The Sentence|