English The Easy Way
Everybody Can Learn English
English Idioms Rain CheckRain Check - when something is canceled and it is promised at later time
- I can not come today to dinner. I will take a rain check.
- We could not see the play. We are going to ask the theater for a rain check.
- Do you want to go out for dinner today? Can I have a rain check?
- My sister was going to visit me this morning, but she called and asked for a rain check.
- Mary was cooking a fancy dinner, but she had to cancel. She told everyone she would give them a rain check.