What are adverbs?
Adverbs can answer questions such as "how", "what", "when", "where ", and "what ".
- My mother always listens to the radio.
- I have to drive slowly.
- People should exercise carefully.
- The students and teachers work closely together on the project.
- The kids are playing ballapproximately 10 meters from the house.
- There are many people living closely together in the city.
Adverbs can be used to define adjectives.
- The company my father works for is generally successful.
- There are a lot of people in the world that are shockingly materialistic.
- The floor was always uneven, it has to be fixed.
Adverbs are used to clarify other adverbs.
- The test was really hard today.
- The trains came incredibly quickly today, I was so lucky.
Adverbs can come before the subject.
- Occasionally , we go out for dinner.
- Sometimes, our teacher doesn't give us homework.
Adverbs can be placed between the subject and the main verb.
- The bus slowly moves thought the street.
- The dog quickly runs .
Adverbs can come after the verb.
- The people are treating me nicely.
- The runners ran the race quickly.