Order Of Adjectives
There are 9 different adjective groups.
The order of the adjectives are:
- determiner - a, an, her, five, many, much, several, etc
- opinion - pretty, ugly, smart, cheap, etc
- size - big, fat, thin, tall, large, small, etc.
- shape - circle, square, tall, short, etc
- age - old, young 10 years, a year, a week, new, etc
- color - yellow, green, pink, etc
- origin - American, English, Asian, Middle Eastern, African, European, Chinese, etc
- material - cotton, wood, plastic, cloth, glass, gold, etc
- purpose/qualifier - hat box, sleeping bag, computer table, safe island, football field, etc
- I have a big car.
- The girls have a new house.
- I have a pink sleeping bag.
- I have a new car.
- We have 10 new students.
- Do you want the expensive computer?
- I love the big black bear.