English The Easy Way
Everybody Can Learn English
English Idioms Lighten Up
Lighten Up - to be less serious; to be less; to relax; to be less strict
- My mother needs to lighten up about my grades in school.
- The couch told everyone to lighten up about losing the game.
- Mary needs to lighten up over politics. There is no reason to be so upset.
- We lost the bet. You need to lighten up.
- I crashed my dad's car. He is very upset. I told him to lighten up, because I could of been hurt.
- It was great to see our teacher lighten up after the exam.