English The Easy Way
Everybody Can Learn English
English Idioms Drop The Ball
Drop The Ball - to tell someone something surprising; to make a stupid mistake
- My sister dropped the ball, when she forgot to pick me up from school.
- My friend dropped the ball, when he forgot to get the theater tickets.
- The car mechanic dropped the ball, when he tole me to price to fix my car.
- The doctor dropped the ball on me, when he tole me I have cancer.
- I do not like it when people drop the ball on me.
- It is not good to drop the ball on my mother, while she is driving.