Types Of Questions In English
Different types of questions in English.
Yes-no questions - ask whether or not some statement is true
- Do you want coffee?
- Did you go to work yesterday?
Alternative Questions - is a question that can requires a choice of 2 or more answers
- Are you going to the moves or to the park?
- Do you want to eat dinner now or later?
Wh-questions - begin with a wh-word (what, where, which, who, why, when)
- What are you doing next week?
- Where do you work?
Tag Questions - Tag questions are just basically used to confirm a statement.
- I am a good student. Aren't I?
- We have a great teacher. Haven't we?
Indirect Questions/Embedded Questions - are questions that are inside a question or statement
- Could you tell me where is the bank?
- Who knows where the car keys are?
Rhetorical Questions - is used to make a point; the answer is known/clear
- Does money grow on trees?
- Are you stupid?