What are prepositions?
Prepositions have basically 2 functions.
- The 1st function of the preposition is to connect the noun (all types of nouns) to the rest of the sentence
- The 2nd function of the preposition is specify the position of the nouns (person or object)
There are basically 3 types of prepositions:
- Time Prepositions - Time prepositions are used to clarify the time of that something or someone of an action. An example of time prepositions are at, on, in, while, during etc.
- Place prepositions - specify the place someone or somebody. Example of time prepositions are: at, on, in, while, during etc
- Direction Prepositions - Direction prepositions are used to clarify the direction of someone or something. Examples of direction prepositions are: under, over, right, left etc.