For - During - While
For - is used the length of time
- I have been riding my bicycle for 2 hours.
- The dog has been barking for a long time.
- The children learn English for the last 4 years.
While is used when 2 actions are happening at the same
- While I was playing with my dog, my sister was doing her homework.
- While we are playing cards, the radio was playing.
- We are listing to music, while we are working.
During - is used to state when something happens.
- I will be really busy during the week.
- The kids were sleeping during the party.
- The lights went out during the storm.