Past Simple Tense
The past simple verb tense is used when the:
- the action happened in the past
- the action/event is completed/finished at the time of speaking
- the time or/and place is stated or understood
- the length of the event/action is not important
- I went to school last week.
- We did not go to English class today.
- They ate lunch at school.
- Did you miss the bus this morning.
Note:The following phrases are often used:
- yesterday -- last year
- last night -- two years
- two months -- ago
- many years -- ago
- a long time -- ago