What is an abstract noun?
Abstract nouns can't be sensed by our five senses (smell, touch, hear,
see or taste).
Abstract nouns are nouns that:
- that can't be touched, tasted seen, heard, smelt or felt
- usually represent feeling, ideas and qualities
- can be singular nouns and plural nouns
- can be countable or uncountable
- Jimmy has a weakness for chocolate cake.
- The people want to see justice served.
- My dogs did not stay calm during the storm.
- Do you think that we can trust our donkey to take us home.
Tip: love, hate, violence, culture, taste
Concrete Noun & Abstract Noun Quiz
What is a noun?
Identifying Nouns Quiz
Types Of Nouns
Countable Nouns Quiz
Uncountable Nouns Quiz
Countable & Uncountable Nouns Quiz
Collective Nouns Quiz
Common Nouns Quiz
Abstract Noun Quiz
Abstract Noun & Concrete Noun Quiz
Relative Pronouns Quiz
1st 2nd 3rd Person Pronouns
Noun + Noun
Pair Of Something