English The Easy Way
Everybody Can Learn English
Going To & Will
Will is used in the following situations:
1. Sudden Decision - decision made at the time of speaking
- Yes, I will come next week.
- I will go to the store later.
- Spain will win the game.
- Do you think Mary will come to work next week?
- We will come visit you next week.
- I will come to work early tomorrow.
- My sister will help you learn English.
- Will you help me take my dog to the vet?
- Will you help me cook dinner?
- My sister will babysit for you next week.
- I will kill you.
- The bear will attack you!!
- I will try to call you next week.
- We will be at Monday morning.
- You will have to pay taxes.
- It will rain during the rainy season.
Going To is used in the following situations:
- I am going to Mexico in a few days.
- We are not going to work next week.
Predictions Based On Facts -
- There is going to be a really big storm in a few hours.
- The test next week is going to be really hard.
Intentions - informal
- I am going to be a rich person someday.
- We are going to pass the test.