English The Easy Way
Everybody Can Learn English
Future Simple Verb Tense
The future simple verb tense "going to" is used in the following situations:
Planned Events - When a future event that has been planned before the time of speaking.
- I am going to Mexico in a few days.
- We are not going to work next week.
- They are going to university next year.
Predictions - To make a future prediction based on facts.
- There is going to be a really big storm in a few hours.
- The test next week is going to be really hard.
- The puppies are cute. I am sure someone is going to adapt them.
Intentions - To state the something that is intended to take place in the future, in informal conversations.
- I am going to be a rich person someday.
- We are going to pass the test.
- The puppies are going to make a big mess in house.