Future Simple Verb Tense
How is the future simple verb tense used?
Decisions - to make decisions that are made at the time of speaking
- We will eat dinner today at 6:00PM
- You will clean your room when you come home from school.
Desires - Willingness - to state desire or willingness for something or someone
- The girls will be happy to go on holiday for a few weeks.
- I will be happy to help you today.
Facts - to state a fact about the future
- My teacher will be happy the whole class passed the test.
- The phone bill will be very very high, my father will be very upset.
Predictions - to predicate a future event or action
- I think it will rain this afternoon.
- My sister will be a great teacher.
Formal Statements - to make a formal statement about a future action or event
- The president will make a public announcement on Tuesday at 8:00PM.
- The school will be closed for a few days.
Suggestions - to make suggestions or state ideas
- We will be happy drive you to the store.
- Will we go to the store tonight or tomorrow morning.
Requests - to make a request
- Will you come with me to the store?
- You will do your homework now.