Editing & Proofreading Tips
Proofreading & editing can be a very difficult task.
Proofreading & Editing Tips:
- Don't start to proofread & edit your documents immediately after you finished writing your documents. You should wait a little while, before you start to proofread & edit your documents.
- Find a place where you can concentrate & you will not be interrupted. I hate it when I am trying to work, and I am interrupted!!
- Proofread & edit your documents a little bit at a time. Don't do to much at one time or get up and walk around every so often. I like to stop and get a cup of tea.
- Proofread or edit your documents when you are calm, It is best not to try to proofread and edit when right after you had a disagreement.
- Change the font and the size of the fonts, while your proofreading, and then change them back to the original fonts/size.
- Let a friend or professional edit or proofread your documents whenever possible.
Tips what not do when you proofread and edit a document
Don't proofread and edit your documents:
- immediately after you finished writing it
- where there are distractions
- tired or before bed
- when you are in a bad mood or in a hurry.
- don't rely on the computer's spell checker!