What are articles?
Articles are used to clarify if a noun is specific or not specific.
They are used before the nouns or adjective.
There are two kinds of articles:
- Definite Articles - "The" - are used for specific nouns.
- I see a dog in the street.
- I want the car, that I saw this morning.
- I really like the red dress.
- I think that is the math teacher.
- Indefinite Articles "A- An" - are used for non specific nouns
- I see a dog.
- The girls see a big black dog.
- Please bring me a black pen.
- I think that is a teacher from school.
Rules For Indefinite Articles
- "A" is used if the letter before the next word starts with a consistent (not a vowel a, e, i, o, u).
- "An" is used if the letter before the next a vowel (a, e, I, o, u) or a vowel sound.