English The Easy Way
Simple & Easy Tips to Stay Safe In A Hotel
Hotel Security is not something most of us think about when traveling, in many cases we just assume that the hotel will provide security & there is no reason to take precautions (to take actions, in order to prevent something), and this is usually true, but remember the security can't be everywhere 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Here are some simple & easy ways to keep you safer while traveling.
Don't Open Your Door
Don't Open your door to repair men, housekeeping, room service etc. If you someone clams to be from the hotel staff, then call the front desk to find out if this person is really from the hotel staff, remember uniforms are easy to get, and just because someone is wearing a uniform it don't mean that they are really from the hotel staff.
- Make sure your room key doesn't have the room number on the key.
- Keep your hotel key in your bag or pocket, in a place that people can't see your key. It is not a good idea to advertise which hotel you are staying at, the same way you don't tell everyone your home address.
- Don't leave your hotel key in the door, even for a second to get ice, check something etc, someone could steal your key (it only takes a second, to steal a key) and then they can break into your room to steal or even attack you.
- Leave your key near your bed. In case of an emergency, you might need your key to get back into your room and/or to lock your room.
Hotel Doors & Windows
- Bring with you a "rubber stopper" (a little piece of rubber that you is used to keep a door open), usually the "rubber stopper" is used to keep the door open, but in this case use it to keep the door closes, or at least make it harder for someone to open the door.
- Double lock the door to your hotel room.
- Chain lock - if there is a chain on the door, then twist the chain, so that there is no slack on the chain.
- Don't leave the door open when leaving the hotel room even for a second,(even just to go down the hall or to the next room), remember you don't know who is going to sneak in your room.
- Check sliding doors & connection doors make sure they are locked securely. If there is a door that connects between 2 rooms, then make sure that door is also locked.
Money Saving Tips On Hotels - Stay at good hotels, for less money!