Place prepositions are used to clarify a specific place.
Place prepositions are used with all nouns. The preposition usually comes before the noun or the pronoun. The preposition never comes before a verb.
Common Place Prepositions:
- Aboard - She is aboard the boat.
- Above - The picture is above the sofa.
- Across - My house is across the street.
- Against - The desk is against the wall.
- Around - My house is around the block.
- At - Is your house at the end of the street.
- At The Back Of - We are going to sit at the back of the theater.
- At The Bottom Of - The coins are at the bottom of
- At The Top Of - The books are at the top of the
- Between - We sit between the two boys.
- Behind - The girls sit behind the two boys.
- Below - The desk is below the window
- By - The books are by the door.
- In - I live in the big green and white house.
- Inside - I live inside the big green house.
- On The Corner Of - We live on the corner of 3rd
- In The Middle Of - We live in the middle of the
- Near - I don't live near the supermarket.
- Next To - I live next to my best friend.
- To The Left Of - The blue box is to the left of the green box.
- To The Right Of - The orange box is to the right of the yellow box.
- On - The sun heater is on the top of the building.
- On The Side Of - There is a big sign on the side of the house.
- On Top Of - There is a man on the top of the
- On The Other Side Of - Do you see what is going on over
there on the other side of the roof?
- Opposite - The post office is on the opposite side of the
- Outside - The car is outside the garage.
- Under - The blanket is under the bed in a box..
- Underneath - The pen is underneath the box.
Across & Along
Next & Over There
Next & Over There Quiz
Behind & Along
What are prepositions?
Prepositions of Position
Prepositions of Time
In At On - Time Prepositions
In At On - Place Prepositions
Place Prepositions Quiz
Time Prepositions Quiz
During - While - For
During - While - For - Quiz
Up - Over - Above
Up & Over Quiz
Up - Over - Above - Quiz