English The Easy Way
Everyone Can Learn English !!
Mix Up - Phrasal Verb
1. Mix Up – to blend thoroughly and completely
- You have to mix up the flour, sugar etc. to make the cake.
- I can not find my socks, all the socks are mixed up in a bag.
- My sister mixed up her clothes with my clothes. Now we have to go though the clothes and sort them out.
- Did you mix up the salad?
- My father mixed up all the papers. I can't find my papers.
2. Mix Up - to confuse or to be confused
- I always get the twins mixed up.
- Which house do you live in? I always get mixed up.
- The sandwiches got mixed up. I am not sure which sandwich is your's and which sandwich is Kim's.
- The lady in the store got mixed up, and she gave me the wrong change.
- I took the wrong train. I got mixed up.
- I got mixed up in the store, and I bought the wrong kind of cookies.