English The Easy Way
Everyone Can Learn English !!
Break Down - Phrasal Verb
Break Down - when a car, truck, train or vehicle doesn't work
- Did your car break down?
- My car broke down on the way to work.
- Our motorbike broke down on the way home.
- The train broke down on the way to school. The girls are late for class.
- The bus broke down with a flat tire. We had to wait for another bus.
- I hope the bus does not break down. I want to get to my class on time.
Break Down - to get upset & cry
- My sister broke down, when she failed her test.
- My brother almost never breaks down & cries.
- Women break down & cry more than men do.
- My mother is a very strong women. She almost never breaks down.
- Do you brake down often?