English The Easy Way
Hotel & Motel - Commonly Confused English Words
Motel - is like a hotel but with the doors to the rooms are facing the parking lot. This makes it easy for travelers to go in and out. A motel is usually for people traveling by car & need a place to stay for the night. Motels are usually not expensive.
- Do you think we should stop off at a motel on the way to Florida.
- I am really tired of driving. I am going to stop off at a motel for the night.
- We did not stay in a motel when we drove to New York.
Hotel - is a resort or a place where tourist stay, the hallway is on the inside of the building; a hotel may offer many difference services such as food, conference room, entertainment etc.
- We are going to London for a week. I think we should stay in a really good hotel.
- There are so many really expensive hotels in New York.
- I have never stayed in a really nice hotel.