Follow & Next - Commonly Confused Words In English
Following- is the next thing in a specific order
- February is the month following January.
- We will meet the following week.
- The new teaching is following the same order, as the old teacher.
Next - come right after something or someone;
- I am the next person in line.
- I get off the bus at the next stop.
- What are you going to do next?
Preceding - is used for something or someone, comes before something or someone,
- There was a fire preceding a big noise
- There was a big dinner preceding the football game.
- We TV program will return preceding the commercials.