Backup vs. Back up - Commonly Confused Words In English
It is a common mistake that people get mixed up between backup and backup.
back up – is used as a verb; is a phrasal verb
- The girls always back up all their work on the computer.
- I'll back you up if you need help just call me.
- The truck backed up very slowly.
- The sink backed up and water got all over the floor.
backup – is used as an adjective and noun
- The girls made a backup copy of their work.
- Did you remember to make a backup copy of the project?
- Do you have a backup copy for of the contract?
- I have a portable hard disk, and I back up all my work on my portable hard disk.