Frequency Adverbs are adverbs that define how often an action
The most common way to use adverbs of frequency is to placed them
before the main verb, except the verb "to be".
- I always walk to school.
- Our teacher sometimes gives us homework.
When the main verb is the verb "to be", then the adverbs
of frequency comes after the verb.
- The bus driver is always friendly.
- My teacher is never late for class.
Occasionally, frequently, usually, sometimes, and some other
adverbs of frequency can start the sentence.
- Sometimes my teacher gives us lots of homework.
- Occasionally the bus doesn't come on time.
It is possible to have adverbs of frequency placed after the main
verb, such as occasionally, rarely, often etc.
- Our teacher isn't sick often.
- My mother yell rarely.
Frequency Adverbs With The Verb "to be"
Frequency Adverbs Chart